Valideo is a voluntary Sustainable Construction certification system. The certification system is based on a referential that makes it possible to assess a project or organization on the basis of a series of criteria grouped together in four themes:
- Site & construction
- Comfort & Health
- Social value
The actual evaluation is carried out by a competent body operating in the relevant technical fields. They elaborate an attestation of the project based on the criteria of the referential.
The attestation is a part of the control and is a summarising visualisation of the assessment. This work is carried out by SECO, the attestation body.
BCCA is responsible for the definition, the application and the control of conformity with the regulations and procedures. The certification consists of a declaration stating that the content of the attestation is in conformity with the reality. The Valideo certificate, issued by BCCA, represents the formal confirmation of the attestation.
The certification procedure involves a number of phases:
1. Preparatory phase
- Requests for information can be sent via this site, to BCCA or to SECO. The request must contain a description of the subject, of the desired certification scheme as well as its possible scope
- Decision of receptivity of the project by BCCA: a certification committee compares the application with the certification system and decides about its pertinence
- A proposal for certification and attestation is made including the procedural details (by BCCA and the attestation body)
2. Certification phase
- Formal request and detailed technical documents (to submit to BCCA)
- Scope of the attestation (by BCCA)
- Technical inquiry document (by BCCA and the attestation body)
- Technical inquiry in the field (by the attestation body)
- Report and certification bulletin (from the attestation body to BCCA)
- Certification decision (by BCCA)
3. Subsequent phase
- Registration of the certificate (by BCCA) + publication on the list of Valideo certified buildings and organizations
- Maintenance of the certificate in the future and in case of changes (attestation body & BCCA)
The Valideo certification system falls within the scope of the NBN EN 45011 accreditation standards.